GEMCO Constructors, founded in July of 2014, is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. GEMCO is a national mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States. GEMCO is coast to coast holding engineering and construction registrations, licenses, and certifications within 30+ states.
An Electrician Apprentice assists in the installation of electrical equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
You will assist with:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
- We have projects all over the US. MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That is why at GEMCO Constructors we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core values are "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY".
- DECISIVENESS – Recognizing and acting on key factors to finalize important decisions.
- DEPENDABILITY – Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
- INITIATIVE – Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
- RESOURCEFULLNESS – Effectively utilizing the people and tools available to overcome challenges.
- FLEXIBILITY – Willingness to change plans or ideas to benefit the greater good.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.