GEMCO Constructors, founded in July of 2014, is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. GEMCO is a national mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States. GEMCO is coast to coast holding engineering and construction registrations, licenses, and certifications within 30+ states.
We are seeking an experienced HVAC Sheet Metal Journeyman to join our team!
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record. Company covers hotel and also pays Per Diem for travelers. Please only submit if you are serious and ready to start immediately.
- Must be able to run spiral duct, TDF, S&D
- Able to cut duct, measure, offsets
- Familiar with gripple wire and locks
- Build and level curbs on decking
- Must have own set of tools to include: basic hand tools, power tools ie: impact drill, Sawzall
- 7+ years of experience running HVAC duct work for large commercial projects
- Read, understand, and analyze blueprints and specifications
- Full knowledge of duct work, duct systems
- Computer literate
- Operate power tools and understand tools for the job.
- Operate equipment. (scissor lift, boom lift and Lull)
- Clean driving record.
- Pass a background check and drug test
- The position requires standing, bending, reaching, and lifting for most of the workday.
- Lift repetitively 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from scaffolding and lifts.
- Capable of driving long distances between job sites.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That's why at GEMCO Constructors we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core values are "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY".
- DECISIVENESS – Recognizing and acting on key factors to finalize important decisions.
- DEPENDABILITY – Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
- INITIATIVE – Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
- RESOURCEFULLNESS – Effectively utilizing the people and tools available to overcome challenges.
- FLEXIBILITY – Willingness to change plans or ideas to benefit the greater good.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.