GEMCO Constructors, founded in July of 2014, is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. GEMCO is a national mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States. GEMCO is coast to coast holding engineering and construction registrations, licenses, and certifications within 30+ states.
We are seeking a highly motivated Electrical Estimator to join our team! The successful candidate will be self-driven and embrace the opportunity to create solutions to new or chartered challenges as they arise and possess a passion for advancing their career and contributing to leadership opportunities as they arise during business growth.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and evaluate project plans and specifications, bid documents, as well as other relevant project documents to identify what is needed for a project and to create a bid proposal.
- Perform and input accurate take offs.
- Calculate the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Analyze project for value engineering options while considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed.
- Identify any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems in the bid documents.
- Support in pre-planning for projects.
- Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner.
- Maintains project files on the file server in accordance with company standards.
- Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
- Request material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Review quotes to confirm adherence to quote requests and accuracy of quotes received.
- Prepare bid documents including specific scope letter for each project.
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Computerized estimating experience
- ACCUBID EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Labor factor analysis, and modification
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications
- 5 years+ of electrical estimating experience for commercial and industrial projects
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That's why at GEMCO Constructors we're committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core values are "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY".
- DECISIVENESS – Recognizing and acting on key factors to finalize important decisions.
- DEPENDABILITY – Fulfilling what I consented to do, even if it means unexpected sacrifice.
- INITIATIVE – Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.
- RESOURCEFULLNESS – Effectively utilizing the people and tools available to overcome challenges.
- FLEXIBILITY – Willingness to change plans or ideas to benefit the greater good.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.