GEMCO Constructors is a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Building Automation Systems and Service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States. We are seeking an experienced Controls Technician to join our team!
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record. Company covers hotel and also pays Per Diem for travelers. Please only submit if you are serious and ready to start immediately.
• Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the work of the craft employees on construction projects.
• Trains employees.
• Determines work priorities and coordinates work activities within the design area and/or with others outside of the office; apportions work among employees according to abilities or specialized training.
• Coordinates new construction and major remodeling, which involves attending meetings and reviewing project documents (e.g. contracts, specifications, blueprints) as necessary.
• Collaborates with administrators on the supervision of all work operations.
• Exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits; schedules tasks for employees.
• Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to drawings and specifications.
• Acts as adviser on job related problems.
• Reviews and approves the time sheets of all craft workers under their supervision before submitting to the craft Supervisor.
• Deals with individuals demanding information or service, such as agencies, department heads or others.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Any combination totaling four years (48) month’s work experience in building construction, remodeling, construction project coordination experience.
• General knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
• General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines.
• Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
• Supervisory ability.
• Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings.
• General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Has experience with and the ability to mount control panels, bend and install conduit, pull wire, terminate wires using acceptable quality methods, and mount controls devices including but not limited to relays, sensors, current switches, and other similar devices.
Our employees are our most valuble asset. That's why we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
Our core purpose "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY". GEMCO Constructors Mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective projects on schedule by employing and supporting motivated, consistent, and focused teams. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Your application was submitted successfully.