GEMCO Constructors, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record. Company covers hotel and also pays Per Diem for travelers. Please only submit if you are serious and ready to start immediately.
The Foreman will be responsible for monitoring electrical installations and crews consisting of journeyman and apprentices, specifically managing the productivity, safety, quality control and procurement of materials.
- Organizes, coordinates, and supervises the work of the craft employees on construction projects.
- Trains employees.
- Determines work priorities and coordinates work activities within the design area and/or with others outside of the office; apportions work among employees according to abilities or specialized training.
- Coordinates new construction and major remodeling, which involves attending meetings and reviewing project documents (e.g. contracts, specifications, blueprints) as necessary.
- Collaborates with administrators on the supervision of all work operations.
- Exercises control over rate of construction progress to complete construction project within time limits, schedules tasks for employees.
- Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications.
- 10 + years of electrical commercial experience
- 5 + years previous experience working as a foreman
- Ability to train and supervise others
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines.
- Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Standing, bending, reaching, lifting most of the workday.
- Lift repetitively 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from scaffolding and lifts.
- Drive a company vehicle (truck).
- Capable of driving long distances between job sites.
- Other manual labor as required.
Our employees are our most valuable assets. That's why at GEMCO Constructors we're committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core purpose "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY". GEMCO Constructors Mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective projects on schedule by employing and supporting motivated, consistent, and focused teams. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time