GEMCO Constructors, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems and service contractor providing comprehensive design and build solutions for its customers throughout the United States.
CURRENT VALID DRIVERS LICENSE IS REQUIRED. MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN.
- Organize, coordinate, and supervise the work on construction projects primarily through the Crew Foremen.
- Determine the allocation of the work force according to abilities or specialized training.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to execute new construction and major remodeling projects.
- Exercise control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits.
- Ensure that daily inspection of construction work is performed to enforce conformity to specifications.
- Coordinate craftworker travel and work assignments with Project Coordinator and Project Manager
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Any combination totaling six years (72) month’s work experience in plumbing construction, remodeling, construction project coordination experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of building construction, including work commonly done by the various building crafts.
- Knowledge of plumbing and structural systems.
- Knowledge of building materials, tools, and machines.
- Knowledge of building material costs and wages.
- Supervisory ability a must.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications for buildings.
- General computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The position may require standing, bending, reaching, lifting a majority of the work day.
- Lift repetitively 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders.
- Work from scaffolding and lifts.
- Drive a company vehicle (truck).
- Other manual labor as required.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. That's why at GEMCO Constructors we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy and feel secure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our core purpose "DECISIVENESS, DEPENDABILITY, INITIATIVE, RESOURCEFULNESS and FLEXIBILITY". GEMCO Constructors Mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective projects on schedule by employing and supporting motivated, consistent, and focused teams. We empower our employees to do the right thing at the right time for the right cost, to build relationships with our customers and each other to drive a sustainable future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.